how to connect samsung phone to TV for viewing and using phone on TV?

Which model of phone and is it just a generic TV or a smart TV of some variety?

I use a Fire Stick and it's mirroring feature to cast my S24U on my TV all the time.

If you haven't already got one, get one. :)

Last edited:
Either a Fire Stick (Miracast) or Chromecast (Chromecast), both are different wireless casting standards but works pretty much the same for your S24 Ultra. They just plug straight into a HDMI port on the TV.

When I googled, samsung said I needed their dex adaptor but out if stock and another website said discontinued , I got quite confused with it all

That's only if you want to use your phone as a 'pc' with the tv as its screen.

For just sending/viewing video/pictures, or even mirroring the phones screen its best to cast to a small plug in smart device. The Chromecast plugs into the HDMI socket, is powered by USB adapter (or the tv if it has a USB socket) and is real easy to connect to any android phone.

thanks guys

well, my S24 ultra arrived today so that's what I'll be using

saw a video where a guy using his S24 as DEX and switches between mirror mode

mirror mode doesn't look as good (doesn't fill the screen) so is DEX the way to go to use my apps on my phone full screen ?

What sort of apps are you planning to see on the TV exactly? Most media apps (YouTube, Netflix, etc) will have Chromecast support, which will send the media stream to that, so your phone basically functions as a remote while the media is playing on the TV.

For other apps that don't support casting, then Dex mode will work since it's basically treating the TV as a second screen, with its own resolution and all (like when you're using extended in Windows).

games and sky (sky mostly)
rest i have a pc :)
You can't cast/mirror/HDMI output the Sky Go app so you are wasting your time.

If your main aim is to watch football on your TV, then as I already mentioned just get a Fire Stick. One of best pieces of tech you can buy, it's so good.

I watch all Premier League games on it and more, without Sky or any other subscription.

You can't cast/mirror/HDMI output the Sky Go app so you are wasting your time.

If your main aim is to watch football on your TV, then as I already mentioned just get a Fire Stick. One of best pieces of tech you can buy, it's so good.

I watch all Premier League games on it and more, without Sky or any other subscription.

Thanks
Unfortunately that's the only way for me, my dad has sky and lives in a different county but does not use the app, so it's installed on my phone

Would fire stick still work?

Last edited:
Thanks
Unfortunately that's the only way for me, my dad has sky and lives in a different county but does not use the app, so it's installed on my phone

Would fire stick still work?
No. You can't use Sky Go on a Fire Stick.

Sky are smart, they know a lot of people would want to do what you want. So they blocked all the ways to watch the app on a TV. Only device you can watch it on is phone, possibly tablet but I haven't looked into that.

Sorry I should have been more clear - get a Fire Stick to watch football other (free) ways.. not via Sky.

No. You can't use Sky Go on a Fire Stick.

Sky are smart, they know a lot of people would want to do what you want. So they blocked all the ways to watch the app on a TV. Only device you can watch it on is phone, possibly tablet but I haven't looked into that.

Sorry I should have been more clear - get a Fire Stick to watch football other (free) ways.. not via Sky.

I dont have sky here, so cannot test, but could the OP just cast his phone screen while using the sky app to the TV (through a stick or chromecast) or has sky locked that down?

Back
Top Bottom