How to fit a new PSU

Associate
Hi all,

Got my new parts, and just reading through the manuals. And I have some quick questions.

1/ The Hiper PSU is longer than the one I am replacing, is anything likely to need modification? i.e the case? :confused:

2/ How likely is it that it may go wrong?

3/ Before I replace it, I am going to remove all memory, graphics card, and I am going to leave as much as possible disconnected. I will add a 256mb stick from my old comp. Hopefully, if it goes bang, then it will only take the bare minimum with it. Is this going to help? Or even if that starts up, when I add the gfx and ram, could it go wrong there too? :confused:

Thanks in advance, I want to try to do this tomorrow morning. I will reply to any posts, before I start. After, hopefully, sucessfully upgrading, I will let you know.

Sorry to be a pain.

R B CUSTOMS said:
everythign should only be ablt to fit in one way.
the hard drive / Cd drive connections have a kind of

______
/0 0 0 0 \

shape to them, you should only be able to push them in one way round.
the other connections should have clips on them, with corrwesponding clips on the component.

best thing to do if your unsure is sit down with the case side off, lookign at it and hold the new PSU, study and compare easch l;ead and you will soon be asking why you made this thread !! it really is simple.
just take your time and have a good study of the new PSU and get used ot it

enjoy !
Rick

Thanks, I am just a little nervouse, as i total the rig will have cost almost a months pay.
Should be worth it though. :cool:

R B CUSTOMS said:
so coem on then... how easy was it lol.
i know what you mean though, before a knew anythign about computers the PSU was always the msot daunting !
Rick

I tell you what, I haven't been that nervous, when pressing the power button, as that for a while.

And it was hard work routing the cabling, but I have increased my 3dmark06 score from 221 to .........3857. Woooohooooo!!!

Thanks for the advice, and I am sorry to have been a pain, but it was all worth it. BF2 on high with aa and running v.smooth!!!

Back
Top Bottom