How to fix space bar on new Epomaker RT100 keyboard?

Soldato
I bought an Epomaker RT100 keyboard from our friends at the people's republic of China and the space bar was loose in the box when I opened it.

To me it looks like the rubber gaskets (?) weren’t seated correctly so I realigned them so they were flat.

I thought that would be an easy fix so I reseated the switch and the key. Unfortunately that didn’t fix it completely. The key works but it sits higher than the keys adjacent and has a different sound to the rest of the keys (it’s a bigger key so maybe to be expected?)

Is there anything else I can try? I’d rather not have to return it as first impressions other than the space key are very positive.

Did you reseat it all in one go or did you do the switch first then the spacebar?

Wonder if it is not seated correctly on the stabs. Sounding different could well be the size of the keycap, but if it isn't seated right, that won't help.

I am very new to hotswap keyboards and my knowledge is very limited so someone else may be able help further.

Quick update: I returned the keyboard. I also had an issue where the alt and windows key were reversed and the Mac/windows toggle didn't seem to do anything.

Seems like the epomaker brand has a very bad reputation on reddit so I'll look elsewhere for a replacement.

Back
Top Bottom