How to get log in with Apple Watch working

Soldato
As title - before Catalina my Mac mini never logged in with my Apple Watch properly - its always worked on my MBP - after Catalina its still the same (hoped the bug would be fixed) - yet the new verify with watch DOES work on the mini - iv tried a few guides to making it work, nothings happened - I changed from a s3 to s4 Apple Watch as well - obviously resetting the watch completely, that didnt work either.

HALP - why can't I get this to work! lol - my MBP 2016 works great

Soldato
Main issues I've had were even though I use Ethernet, W-Fi has to be enabled for it to work, last time I checked at least. Also, disabling the auto login? Not sure if you've checked this sorry. What Mac Mini also?

Soldato
OP
Main issues I've had were even though I use Ethernet, W-Fi has to be enabled for it to work, last time I checked at least. Also, disabling the auto login? Not sure if you've checked this sorry. What Mac Mini also?

Interesting, would auto log in stop it from working? Isn't that needed to auto log in on the watch ?

Mac mini 2018 6 core i7, all wifi is enabled on both devices, the laptop (which works) and the mini.

Soldato
Are you still getting watch prompts when
usually get password prompts? E.g when you click a padlock in settings?

Auto login with my watch wasn’t that reliable under Mojave, much more reliable under Catalina.

Back
Top Bottom