How to get Windows mouse algorithm in OS X?

Soldato
Howdy,

After using Windows for a bit recently, I really miss the Windows mouse algorithm, and I know you can get it with USB Overdrive, but thats not free.

Anyone know of any free tools I can download, that will make my mouse feel the same as it does in Windows? OS X has it all wrong, it just doesn't feel nearly as nice as Windows.

Any help will be appreciated!

ta

Soldato
Couldn't find anything decent that was free (This is free but I recall it was flakey for some reason). Had to get SteerMouse.

Although I don't care for it, subtle acceleration makes sense, but the OS X implementation is just ridiculous.

Soldato
jeez what a stupid thing for apple to omit from the mouse preferences :confused:

i just plugged in a standard usb mouse to see what you were all talking about and its horrible :(

(since day one of mac use i have been using a wacom tablet pen/mouse with its own separate drivers in which acceleration is set to off...)

very strange choice by apple.

Soldato
I also have this problem.

I have mouse acceleration disabled in windows and it seems the only way to change the mouse sensitivity to be similar to windows in mac osx is to enable mouse acceleration and put it up :( which messes up the movement even more. I have the speed on full & accel off and the speed is about half of windows.

I've tried steermouse and all but it's still not quite right.

My mouse is a Razer Diamondback and I'm using the Razer Pro Click drivers which sort of helps, but it's still not right :(

Sic

Sic

Soldato
I use a G9 in OSX and it's brilliant. Also use it in Windows and it's brilliant. Steermouse is SO annoying with its autofocusing on ok buttons!

Soldato
Steermouse is SO annoying with its autofocusing on ok buttons!
You can disable that in the Cursor tab of the SteerMouse options. No idea why it's enabled by default.

It is galling that you end up having to pay out $20 just to get the option of non-whacked-out mouse movement. Why exactly isn't there an acceleration slider in the M&K system preference?

Back
Top Bottom