How to restrict Whatsapp calls when on mobile data?

Soldato
Being a low data user, I have a low mobile allowance (500MB/month). So when somebody calls me when I am in area with no Wi-Fi and using mobile data, I reject Whatsapp calls so I don't waste my allowance. Having unlimited minutes means that I am more than happy to call them straight back.

So, is it possible to restrict Whatsapp calls when I am using mobile data? I am happy enough to receive messages, but just not calls.

Soldato
Best I can see in the settings is reduce data use for voice calls. WhatsApp themselves say that you can't disable voice and video calls in the app.

Only half solution would be to go into notification settings and disable ringtone and vibration for calls so you won't be bothered by them. However, that would apply under both mobile data and Wi-Fi, not to mention you'd miss the notification that someone tried to contact you unless you look at the screen.

Soldato
OP
Thanks guys. I didn't know about the low data option, so I will just enable that when I know I am likely to be using mobile data. Hopefully that will do the trick. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom