how to setup the Z87-D3HP AMD crossfire

Associate
morning guys im trying to setup a dual monitor setup now as my mother board says it supports AMD crossfire for dual monitor but how do i set it up u know? i dont get it as is right now as ive only got 1 DVI port which my current monitor is plugged into? this is my mobo http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MB-437-GI so im not sure how this mobo supports dual setup when ive only got 1 DVI port on the mobo? any help would be great guys :)

Soldato
AMD crossfire is for Two, or more graphics cards hooked up together. I assume by the sounds of things, you're using the onboard video from your motherboard, so you may be barking up the wrong tree a little.

Your motherboard has 3 video outputs by the looks of things, Through DVI, VGA and through HDMI. Depending on the connector on your second monitor, you will either have to use the HDMI or VGA output on the motherboard.

I am assuming that your second monitor uses DVI also, so you may have to buy an adapter like This one and use the onboard HDMI.

HDMI has a digital signal, so i would recommend it over VGA. You may then have to set up the display settings in windows.

Associate
OP
ahh i get ya! yeah just been speaking to my friend that knows a bit about pc's he has suggested the same thing really.

yes im using the onboard video from my mobo at present, will hopefully get a gpu for xmas, but till then ill have to use what i got.

just checked and the 2nd monitor only has a VGA on the back so might be a good thing where i have no GPU at the mo at least both monitor s can be plugged into the mobo at present via DVI and VGA,

i got to take the pc apart later hopefully when my 3.5" memory card bay comes from OC so will sort it all out at the same time and hope i should be ok with no GPU for now....

Back
Top Bottom