how to spend £800

Soldato
got some cash to play with, about £800 to be exact.

my current system spec is in my sig and i'm quite happy with my current performance levels, but i'd really like to quieten down my computer a little bit as it's a bit too noisy for my liking at the moment.

My current plan is to think about getting a quiet cooler on my BFG 7800 GT, maybe something like the zalman cooler. Then i'd like to sell off my Maxtor DM10 300GB drive and get 2-3 quiet but quite large drives (storage is an issue at the moment) for use alongside my 74GB raptor drive. Possibly changing my 580W Hiper PSU for something that's quieter and has 2 PCI-E connectors.

Then in a couple of months time I want to sell off my Asus A8n-E mobo and will think about getting an SLI/Crossfire enabled mobo and whacking in two high powered graphics cards and getting a largeish widescreen panel for gaming/movies/office use.

Thoughts? I would get the monitor or the graphics cards now but the main issue at the moment is that if I bought a new monitor I wouldn't have a graphics card powerful enough to fully utilise it, and there are some newer panels coming out which are apparently better in the coming months, and if I bought two expensive cards for use in Sli now I wouldn't have a monitor good enough to utilise them fully just yet either.

I do work full time now so can save up some cash as I go, but I think I need more hard drive space and a graphics card cooler most of all just this instant, and a quiet operating PSU would be nice too, maybe something from the seasonic range.

Back
Top Bottom