How to turn off Game Tools on Android?

Associate
Some phones come pre-bundled with something called Game Tools which is annoying because it overlays on top of the soft navigation buttons.

My S10e has version 2.5.06.2 already installed but there doesn't seem to be any way to turn it off.

There's nothing in Android settings. If you go directly to Game Tool settings there's no disable option. If you go to app info there's no Disable or uninstall button.

How do I get rid of this (rooting unfortunately not an option)?

L33

L33

Permabanned
You could disable it via ADB:
Game tools would be
Code:
adb shell pm disable-user 0 com.samsung.android.game.gametools

Associate
OP
You could disable it via ADB:
Game tools would be
Code:
adb shell pm disable-user 0 com.samsung.android.game.gametools

Thanks. So if the app doesn't have it in its options and the settings > apps has greyed out disable, the only way is a hard adb disable?

It beggars belief that if Samsung are going to force this on you that they wouldn't provide an option to disable it. But then I guess it's Samsung...

Last edited:
Associate
OP
If you drag it to the top of the screen you can make it disappear.
Erm, you definitely can't drag it. Are we talking about the same Samsung Game Tools that's an overlay over the bottom of the screen?

From the comments so far I'm not convinced many of us are talking about Game Tools...

Soldato
Not sure exactly what you mean, i just see the game tools button next to two of the usual nav buttons in that screen shot. Unless you mean you're using gesture navigation and it's displaying the nav bar as well? That would be odd, havent seen that before. Either way, turning off 'appear on top' in the app settings would stop it appearing. or again go for the ADB option if it doesnt.

Caporegime
Erm, you definitely can't drag it. Are we talking about the same Samsung Game Tools that's an overlay over the bottom of the screen?

From the comments so far I'm not convinced many of us are talking about Game Tools...
On my S7 I can move it around the screen or drag it to the top where there’s an option to hide it.

Associate
OP
Not sure exactly what you mean, i just see the game tools button next to two of the usual nav buttons in that screen shot. Unless you mean you're using gesture navigation and it's displaying the nav bar as well? That would be odd, havent seen that before. Either way, turning off 'appear on top' in the app settings would stop it appearing. or again go for the ADB option if it doesnt.

Sorry I should have said it appears on top of the game navigation buttons. So every time I click menu it pops up on top and "steals" the click and starts recording instead then I have to wait a couple of seconds for it to retract again.

Back
Top Bottom