How to write a birthday card in Welsh

Soldato
I'm ashamed to admit I don't know "To" and "From" in Welsh in the context of a birthday card. My Welsh teacher was awesome and dragged me kicking and screaming through my GCSE Welsh (Full) course but I'll be damned if I can remember anything useful. Can someone help me out please?

To Danny,

(Pob dymuniad da
Am
Benblwydd Hapus iawn)

From Nexy

He's 14 and we're family friends, so nothing formal needed. I bought a Welsh birthday card so the main bit is already in Welsh. :)

The boy in question is fluent (despite coming from an area that doesn't really speak Welsh natively.) He loves the language and I'd like to show my support. My C in GCSE Welsh was the lowest from all my GCSE grades but the one I had to work hardest for and the one I was most proud of. I'm ashamed that I'm better at speaking French (GCSE A grade) than Welsh, it's purely because I found the language really difficult. I keep meaning to pick it back up but I'm full of good intentions... :(

Well I used I and O, so thanks for the helpful responses. Sorry joey1211, I would have used yours if I hadn't already written the card. :D

My Welsh teacher
Yes, the lady who taught me for Welsh GCSE. She was awesome, she worked extremely hard for her class, my best friend and I just weren't learning anything (despite the rest of the class doing just fine) so she completely re-organised how she was teaching us. It worked, the class as a whole did well, my mate got a B and I got a C and I'm still grateful to her. Diolch Miss Williams. :)

Back
Top Bottom