How TV has changed....

Soldato
I am by no means an expert, or by any measure have any artistic perspective.... BUT

Television over the past 8 years has finally began to meet need. I think back to 90's, shows like Buffy, Stargate, Sopranos...... These were considered ground breaking 10+ series 23 eps monsters!

Fast forward 15 years, we all have series which cater to our own tastes, which have huge followings, granted some have basic story lines and obvious plots.... But it suits some and doesn't suit others!

Point of this thread is, *raises a glass, to the next level of television! What a time to be alive...... Lets hope in 15 years time we'll be visiting NSFW Disney land AKA westworld!!!

Soldato
OP
Should have made it more clear, talking of course about TV series.

There is next to nothing I enjoy on normal TV. Only things I like are on Discovery.

One thing tho, I like very little of anything that British. The closest thing I'd say was Outlander and that had a dreadful first few eps.

Soldato
OP
Netlfix and HBO are the only real TV channels worth a damn. Maybe AMC.
I hate the way TV is now in some cases.
The way ratings have become a death sentence after the pilot.
I think it started with Lost, channels saw that cashcow and created a similar formula for every show since.

It drives me nuts that a show just gets good but because it's first few episodes were poor it's cancelled before the end of the 1st season, or because it doesnt rate well on the first episode it gets moved to a grave yard shift and loses even more fans. Another side effect has been that some channels push more reality rush or unrealistic stupid stuff for peopel to binge. Look at the Scifi channel and how it's turned to crap. MTV turned into RealityTV. History channel showing Ancient Aliens etc. It breeds rubbish like Storage Wars and Pawn Shop which are so fake.

Yes I agree with this.... What makes it worse is when they rush out a second series just to answer a few questions.... Jericho I'm talking about ! Such a good show.

Back
Top Bottom