How would you paint this?

Soldato
4GGCWTf.jpeg

My intention was to paint the ceiling white and the walls cream. The wall in the picture under the sloped part of the ceiling will be papered.
But I have this "junction" on one side of the room due to it being a dormer. The vertical part of the ceing should really be white like the rest of the ceiling otherwise it will look odd.

But then the bit of the wall with the light switch on can't be painted a different colour.

Any ideas or thoughts?

I'd probably do horizontal white, vertical and sloped cream. Otherwise the sloped part will join up against a cream vertical and look weird.

We had a similar issue when painting out kitchen. We have a supporting steel, which has an upright similar to your bit with the light switch.

We ended up just painting it all white, and adding colour into another wall instead. One option we considered was to make the whole beam the same colour as the walls. In your case, you could paint all surfaces from the bit with the lightswitch through to the window a different colour (inc the ceiling bit), but I'm not sure how well it would work & might have to be a try & see what you think.

The pink wall will be papered that's easy to sort.
The wall to the left of the door will be pink.
So I think for the bit of wall where the switch is and above the door can be white. I can put the cream/off white on the rest of the walls.

Left half of the room including the ceiling pink, right half white. I wouldn't want to mess about trying to decide between cream and white for the rest as you'll always get doubts about where each area ends, paint it all one colour and enhance the feature on the other side. If you don't want to do the ceiling I'd still wrap the pink around on the outer limits and paint the rest one colour.

Going to have a look at our dormer.

I’d do the walls running in parallel with the door your colour and everything else white including the wall with the plug and anything facing perpendicular to the door. Will lessen the impact of the slightly lower ceiling.

Last edited:
I have a similar setup in my childhood bedroom. I did the slant in ceiling white after years of it being papered the same as the walls. The dorma roof is obviously ceiling white too. Everything else is wall colour.

I got sick of doing walls and ceiling different colors so I did my entire bedroom in Dulux tough, goose down color and i think it looks really good personally.

It was previously the classic white / magnolia combo for 8 years but im happy i tried something different.

Back
Top Bottom