• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintenance and upgrades.

How would you survive the zombie apocalypse?

Soldato
Similar threads have been done before, but, spurred by this thread: https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=187541 and the new season of TWD, I had some musings.

Firstly, what car would I take?
I have a BMW M5 or a Discovery.
The discovery seems to win here.
Pros:
  • It's diesel, so can be economical
  • It's 4wd
  • It's very high (so you could get on the roof out of zombie reach)
  • It's till quick and could probably smash zombies up without getting clogged down
  • You could sleep in it comfortably

And, if I had to leave home, I've thought about where I would go. Given zombies are stupid (if they are as they appear in TWD), then I'd go to a large expanse of heath land near where I live as it's all fenced off and any exit / entry points are all accessed by cattle grid.

Looks like I'm safe......:D

Soldato
OP
Sadly, I think populated areas and retail parks are a complete no go. Perhaps to stock up, but even those quickly descend into public anarchy and most will die at the hands of other humans trying to protect their families and survive.

If I had to retail park it would be in this order:
Supermarket
Argos
B&Q
Currys

Soldato
OP
It wouldn't surprise me that I had spent so long on MW:Remastered that I would emerge, from the house, the zombie curse had been and gone and everywhere would be a lot quieter, and I wouldn't have had a clue....

Soldato
OP
ok, rethink:

Solar panels (thats to aid all those of have said "OMG, I could learn, fix or make anything". well, not without power you can't.
Batteries
Good sharp sword / knives for the silent stealth killings
Gun for rare use and to get me out of OMG situations
Boat (ideally sailing)
Many many non perishables

Soldato
OP
So, here's a question. How many walkers would there be, and many people would they kill.

Case in point:
You get bit, you turn
You die naturally, you turn (a la TWD)
But, if there's a hurd, they will consume whoever they come across beyond their ability to turn and become a walker.

Back
Top Bottom