How would you...

Soldato
Hi,

If someone said to you:

"we need something where you can enter a postcode and see which 3 remote workers are closest to that postcode and include travel distance and time"

How would you go about it?

Other requirements:

has to be accessible to up to 10 people at once
Accessible for people in different locations
easy to edit (enter new remote workers, edit or remove them)
simple to use
accurate.

Now, I have been looking at using googlemaps api to create a custom map showing area managers and their staff all over England and Wales, buttons to allow you to select/deselect them etc. Attached to a simple dbase table and admin panel for entering/editing info.

it means me learning a lot of new technologies but that's what I am thinking to solve this issue.

How would you go about it?

Soldato
OP
Thanks for input and suggestions so far :)

Look for an out of the box solution. There is bound to be one. Lots of telematics companies will do this.

I can't get them to buy me a teamviewer licence, a £7 extension cable or velcro cable ties....I won't get extra software unless I write it myself or it's free.

Soldato
OP
Sounds like a ridiculous way to run a business to me.

It is when they are actively recruiting financial advisors with an OTE of £100k.

I know that is possible for them, I've worked with our consultants and one made £21k a in a month from commission.

However, if I turned up for an interview here and they were telling me i'd earn £100k a year I'd laugh my backside off because you would think it was all talk as it's dated to hell.

When I first started they gave me a £250 argos PC to use, then asked me to do graphical work on it... I've finally got an i7 16gb system from them but only because it was left over after a dev left.

Back
Top Bottom