HP micro server network speed issue

Soldato
Hey everyone,

I’ve just replaced the SSD on my HP microsever gen 8 and took the opportunity to change from windows server to windows 10, mainly for usability issues I had with a few programs. I only use the server for Plex and newsgroup downloads along with a basic home CCTV. It has a 1 gig NIC.

Since installing windows 10 I’ve been having a strange speed issue with the server. It only seems to be able to download or upload at between 100-200mbit/s. I’ve FTTP so it should be close to 900 both ways. My PC gets that so the fibre conx seems ok.

Using iperf between my PC and server, the server is only sending at 100-200mbit when acting as client. But when my PC is client and sending to server it gets 900 odd. Hence my confusion. I don’t see why the server seems to download on network at full speed but can’t upload at more than 200. But then I don’t understand why the internet speed test says 200mbit for both down and upload.

I’ve tried all the usual, restarted all the network/router, tried new cable etc. nothing changes it.

I’m running a unifi setup with a USG 3P router, a main switch and a POE switch with a cloud key keeping track of it all. It recognises that the server is 1gig.

any suggestions??

Thanks for the reply. I’ve not been able to find any other drivers for the nic, as it’s enterprise they all seem to be for windows server editions. I’ve tried both HP and Broadcom websites to no avail.

Good tip regarding the speed test app, I’ll try that. Although it wouldn’t explain the iperf results. Will see what the app says …

Back
Top Bottom