• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

HPET Disabled or Enabled

Caporegime
When I was benching yesterday I decided to disabled HPET in the bios, today after work I went on BF4 and received a D3D error, then on FIFA 15, then again on D3, these were all after restarts after each crash. Remembered I'd disabled HPET and went back into the BIOS and enabled it again. No crashes since, anyone experienced anything similar? I found a post on battlelog forums saying enabling HPET fixes crashes for some users.

Caporegime
OP
Going to turn them both off going by your results, lowest latency and only a 0.5fps difference in Tomb Raider.

Just tried it totally off and my 3dmark result went down a bit, within margin of error though.

I'll try off in windows now.

My latency results with it off in Windows and on in Bios:

BCOb2Xo.png

and my best 3dmark result yet:

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/4141979

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
On in BIOS off in Windows gave me best results. Should probably of measured latency under load though with a game running.

Completely off makes some games stutter for me, I've read it can depend on individual setups though depending on motherboard, drivers that you have installed etc etc.

Caporegime
OP
Rofflay mind pm'ing me your txt file with tweaks? I used to have one too but lost it.

Shankly that's what I experienced with both off, BF4 loves it but Diablo 3 had stuttering.

Caporegime
OP
I've done most of that already, I've stopped messing with the services as much. I'm pretty sure I borked up my last 7 install by messing around with all that. I leave page file enabled as some programs and games need it.

Back
Top Bottom