HTC Androids Horizon

Soldato
Hi all,

So I've currently got an iPhone 3G but am looking to make the jump to Android in the coming months. I really like the look of the HTC phones, they seem really well built and great devices to use.

So the question is - what's coming up? The Pyramid is looking interesting, but will it be out in this country? And on what sort of timescale?

Any other upcoming devices I should be keeping an eye on?

Thanks! :)

Soldato
OP
Thanks guys :) I'll see if anything interesting is announced at CTIA.

The Pyramid looks really nice and if we're going to get it over here, I think that's what I'll hold out for.

Soldato
OP
The front does look really good. I'm not entirely decided yet but I quite like the look of the back too actually.

If the phone is well built and has good specs and does everything I want, I won't let the design of the rear put me off too much.

I've had my iPhone in a case since I've had it - do people normally keep their HTCs in cases out of interest?

Soldato
OP
Good point. Well, if the real thing is anything like that then I won't be complaining. I really like the flush camera on a back - don't like the idea of it protruding much.

It's quite a big bigger than my iPhone too, but I think I could manage that.

Soldato
OP
That looks like the real thing..
http://www.engadget.com/2011/03/22/htc-pyramid-turns-around-shows-us-a-qhd-visage/

Seems more like it.. 1.2Ghz Dual Core, just wish it had Tegra 2 or better graphics..

Yeah that's looking very nice. How much of an issue is the graphics likely to be? Is the Tegra etc GPUs really that much better?

I also am not concerned about the 3D display either. So I think I'll be going for the Pyramid rather than the Evo 3D.

Fair point about the cases. I probably won't have a case on my new phone then. How about screen protectors? How easy are modern phone screens to scratch?

Soldato
OP
A slip is a good idea. I've used a screen protector on my current phone since I've had it as well and it's never caused me any issues.

The SAMOLED screens look really nice, I've yet to see one in the flesh yet though.

Robbo - you make some very good points. I care about internals in as much as I know my current iPhone 3G is not fast enough - I want a faster CPU and significantly more RAM. Though 416MHz and 128MB RAM is not hard to beat these days.

Hopefully we'll see some more information about Pyramid soon. The Evo 3D doesn't really interest me for the reasons people have already stated.

Back
Top Bottom