HTC Desire - Virgin Email Sorted!!!! ..

Associate
I'm loving this phone, but i was unable to setup my ntlworld.com email address properly. I could receive messages OK but i could not send them. Very frustrating!!!!

I finally got this sorted tonight by syncing my POP3 email address with GMail ... pretty easy when you know how. I wonder if I'm the only one who didn't know this - it took me ages to suss it out.

...Another problem I'm having with this phone is with SMS messages - can't access them or send them. I get a pop-up saying "process com.android.mms has stopped working". I phoned Vodafone customer care and they told me this is happening because my SIM card is very old - about 4 years old!

Does this sound right or have i been fobbed off?

...Albert

Associate
OP
Gmail still waiting for sync with ntlworld, doens't look hopefull, there is a note against the account saying there is a problem with sync and it will be back be shortly.

Unless I'm missing something here I'll tell you how i synced my ntlworld.com to GMail and it happened instantly ....

On your PC sign onto your GMail account. Click settings. Click "Accounts and Import". On the "Check mail using POP3" add your POP3 account - NTL email address/username/password. Then when you access your GMail on your phone all your emails from NTL should get through .. sorry if I'm stating the obvious ...

BTW ... i phoned Virgin support today and they told me that for security reasons you cannot send NTLWORLD/VIRGIN emails via 3G.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Not what I was trying to do. I think you have imported all the Ntl mail into google, to then view it in Gmail on the phone. I was trying to use the GMail phone app to view the ntlworld account as I still want the accounts separate.

..yeah, the way i was doing it was by importing ALL my NTL emails into Google. I dont want to do this.

..... did you manage to set up Gmail with your NTL email accounts? ....

Associate
OP
I have ntlworld email too. What I did was go to the virgin media portal and get all my emails forwarded to my google mail account. You can choose whether to have them re-directed, or copied. I went with copied.

... any chance you could explain a little bit more please ... like where abouts is this Virgin Media Portal? ..... thanks

Back
Top Bottom