HTML editor/Dreamweaver alternative

Soldato
Hi, I have to train a bunch of people how to write blog posts in HTML tomorrow and Thursday.

I had asked them all to have Dreamweaver installed on their machines on arrival but there's an issue with licenses and whatnot so it's not likely they'll have it.

Does anyone know of an alternative?

It has to be free (for now - a 30 day trial or something will be OK) and most importantly I need it to have a split level view where both sides are editable.

I know you're all going to say what a bad idea it is to use Dreamweaver and I agree, I use Sublime, but when you're not dealing with anything more complicated than a <div> tag with people who have never used HTML before it works great.

I've spent about an hour looking at Atom with add ons and all sorts of online editors etc.

Basically, if W3C schools' try it editor could be edited in the text it'd be perfect.

Anyone know of anything I could try?

Soldato
OP
Might be the best option.

I used that the last time I had to do this but I remember it had a couple of problems and the last version was released in 2007 so it might be a bit dated now.

Not doing anything specifically HTML5 or anything but something newer would probably be better.

Thanks for your help though Craig.

Soldato
OP
Cheers guys will check out brackets.

If I have the preview open can I type in the preview and it'll edit the html? Or failing that can I highlight something in the preview and it'll show me where it is in the html?

Thanks

Associate
Cheers guys will check out brackets.

If I have the preview open can I type in the preview and it'll edit the html? Or failing that can I highlight something in the preview and it'll show me where it is in the html?

Thanks

Not that I know of but if you highlight html it will show in the browser what you have highlighted.

Back
Top Bottom