HTPC Build Underway!

Soldato
Finally got a spare couple of hours so I've just squashed my old 1.8GHz P4 into my shiny new Antec Aria and dug out the MCE2005 CD's wish me luck!

PS the Aria is tiny and a right pain to work in has to be the messiest build ever! I need quieter coolers now stockintel cooler and Radeon 9600Pro are just to noisy!

Soldato
OP
Second CD is in, it's bit retro changing disks in an OS install (or a bit redhat 9 depending on your preference!) Not sure I'm ever going to get the sides on this thing! Looking forward to having my MP£'s and PIC's Easily (relatively speaking) available in the lounge!

Soldato
OP
the big noise make is definately the Intel reference HSF which is getting on a bit at about 4-5 years now, I fancy replacying that with the Zalman suggested as that seems pretty popular with Aria users and also seems compatible with a lot of CPU's so I could upgrade. I'm thinking I might just bolt and Aritc Silencer onto the 9600Pro they don't cost much and are supposed to be quite quiet, i'm not silence obsessed would just like something better than the current setup! Just copy 16GB of MP£'s onto it which is killing my LAN!

Back
Top Bottom