HTPC case that uses ATX PSU.

Soldato
Just looking to see if anyone can give some quick suggestions on an HTPC style case, that'll use an ATX PSU.
Looking to put something under the TV, so a console-ish format would be great.
Would prefer to be reusing some parts, which would include a 550w modular PSU I have. I know this is a bit of a restriction, but I'm sure something exists!
M-ATX or ITX are both OK.

I've been looking on taobao, but most new stuff uses smaller PSUs.

Edit: A solid answer seems to be the Silverstone RVZ01-E.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Gotta get some pics up in the gallery thread! I do like the SG13, but the way my TV unit is in this apartment, it's just a little too tall.
It is on the shortlist though, and just having to move some things around.

Associate
I have two HTPC's, both with Lian Li cases and they both take ATX power supplies - a Lian Li PC-C37B and a Lian Li PC-C60B.
The PC-C37B takes a Micro-ATX motherboard, but the PC-C60B can take a full size ATX motherboard.
I use my old components in my HTPC's - as an example, the PC-C60B has my old ASUS Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 motherboard with an FX-6300 and 16GB of RAM (it is also very quiet with three Noctua case fans and a Noctua CPU cooler).

They are no longer available new, however they do appear on a well known auction site. I have not seen a PC-C60B recently, however, I have seen a few PC-C37B's and they tend to go for between £30-£40.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
These are the style of cases I was looking at. Jonsbo do a couple of similar style cases, cheap as chips here.
Twist of events, the second PC has been sold to a friend, so no longer limited to the ATX PSU... :o
Not sure what to do now. Will just be a new build, reusing nothing. B550 is still a couple months away and seeing how the 4000 series' mobile APU graphics is performing, makes me want to wait.

Back
Top Bottom