MSI K8N PCI-Express
GeIL 2 x 1GB PC3200
Hauppauge WinTV PVR-500
Leadtek GeForce 6200 Turbo Cache
Terratec Aureon 7.1 PCI Sound
Netgear WG311 54Mbps Wireless PCI
2 x AcoustiFan DustProof Quiet 80mm Fans
MS MCE 2005

I've gone big and fast, as I don't want to be limited in what I can use the machine for - and it allows me more scope in undervolting and underclocking.

I'll be using stock cooling, as nothing else will fit in the case (a-tech 3000), and I already have a psu and 2 x speed read-only dvd, but the main goal is quietness.

Have I missed out any must-haves, or is there anything that might be too much overkill?

One of the attractive aspects of the 6200 card is the passive cooling - the case has an inflow mod to pull air over the gfx card (relying on negative internal pressure), and silence is a big feature of the machine.

I'm not planning on any gaming on the machine, as I have a gaming rig already (and an xbox 360), but I'll probably end up replacing the gfx card with a 7800GTX (or quieter equivalent) once I also find an ATI HDTV wonder and HD becomes widespread broadcast standard.

The PSU came with the case (2nd hand), although I may have to replace it should it not have 230V transformer - It's from the US, so may only be usable at 110V.

Back
Top Bottom