Human Centipede 2 Rejected by BBFC

Associate
Human Centipede 2 was submitted to the British Board of Film Classification and rejected on the basis that it is "sexually violent and potentially obscene"

It was not submitted to be viewed in cinemas, but as a straight to DVD release. I suppose this is because they made basically nothing from cinemas on the first one but made a considerable amount on DVD sales.

I suppose most of you hated the first one, but I thought it was pretty creepy to watch and a bit funny at just how bad the film was. It's a shame because they will probably have to cut out most of the worst bits for it to be accepted.. And the worst bits are the point of the film.. To make the goriest worst horror film possible?

Sources:

NME
Empire

Associate
OP
I quite enjoyed the first one and A Serbian Film purely for the shock value.
Obviously the production and acting are terrible, but it's rare for a film these days to genuinely shock and disgust people by the idealism and gore.

Saw is so farfetched it's a bit tame, imo it's been dragged out too far now. I'm not saying THC1/2 is realistic, but it's not as unrealistic as Saw.

Sort of looking forward to watching it with some mates for a good laugh at each others reactions, especially if we can convince a girl to watch it with us :D

Associate
OP
Sorry but after just reading the wiki of "A Serbian Film" Anyone that "Enjoys" scenes depicting rape (Including baby :vomit:) torture, murder, nercophilia, paedophillia seriously wants their heads looking at..

Why?

I'm obviously never going to even think about performing any of the scenes out in person, and I didn't enjoy watching a fictional character pretending to do those things.
I (and a few mates who watched it with me) found it funny just how far some people push the boundaries of film making and what can be accepted to publish.

So because I enjoyed having a laugh with some mates at a completely surreal and unrealistic film I need to get my head checked?

That sounds like something somebody that needs to get out more would say tbh.

imo as long as the right audiences are viewing the material (i.e >18 and not a psycho who would actually carry out the acts irl), I don't see a problem with shock/horror/gore films such as these.

p.s Rossuk89 you might want to edit your post a bit so it's not as graphic, this is a family forum.

Associate
OP
:( Can't we all just get along and accept that some people enjoy these genres, like being shocked and horrified.. It's not like he's actually doing it..

Back
Top Bottom