Humanscale Freedom Vs Steelcase Please

Associate
On a strict budget of £120 and both are available. Neither have headrest, but are both a good choice for a 19stone 6'3 guy. Useage will be working from home currently plus PC gaming and general PC stuff.

Associate
OP
I don’t rate steel case - my work uses them and they’re ALWAYS breaking. And they’re a pig to deal with

Personally use humanscale at home, never had issues :)

Anecdotal at best but just personal experience
Thanks, is your freedom with the headrest? Is it needed on recline?

Associate
OP
Well the Please V1 arrived and very disappointed. Its a bit battered and the worse thing is the controls are very stucky and leave a black paint-like substance on your hand. I've tried to wipe it off but after a pack of wipes its still the same and its getting everywhere.

Speaking to 2ndHnd support: we have been spraying a hand alcohol spray on our chair parts and for some reason, the Steelcase Please plastic parts have not had a good reaction to it. it is the only chair we have had an issue with and our warehouse has been told to stop on the please chairs do the spray. sorry about that we were trying to be proactive

see https://photos.app.goo.gl/fJZcjQirWgNEYjCf6

A for effort but I'm asking for an exchange.

Anyone with the V1 got a couple of questions.
  1. The recline lock, does it only lock in upright, can you not lock in a partial recline?
  2. The control knob numbered 1 to 5, I believe it adjusts the ease of recline but doesn't seem to do anything, the recline seems to be the same on each.
  3. What does the front right knob do (attached to the gas up/down paddle)

Associate
OP
They are exchanging. They are sending out a Freedom in its place. I like the high back on the Please, maybe I'm picky, but it's not in great shape and wouldn't want another in a similar state.

Associate
OP
Hey @Arms. I'm roughly the same height and weight as you, how are you getting on with the chair? I could probably stretch to £300 on the budget front, anything else you found in your search that may work?
Still sat on the Please V1 as the exchange process has been rubbish with 2ndHND. Arranged swap for the freedom 2 weeks ago. Chased it up end of last week to be told they were preparing a new batch of Please V1. I still want to exchange to a Freedom.
The Please V1 is a great chair comfort wise and would go for a V2 but out of my budget.

Associate
OP
So the exchange came today. The freedom I received is in much better condition, looks great (for a 12 yr old chair), everything works as expected, so very happy with it for £125.

Associate
OP
The Please took a week before I would say I was comfortable in it, but then the back support was excellent. Day 1 of the Freedom, lower back support is excellent and very comfortable and well put together, although as I was advised doesn't come near the Please for the higher back but as its a task chair not too much of an issue.

Back
Top Bottom