Hungary F1 - Advice

Associate
Might be going to the F1 here next year, I've a friend thats moved out there and doesnt live so far from the track so its ideal.

Has anyone been that can offer advice on the various tickets? Whats general admission like/is it viable? My budget isn't massive but if GA is rubbish here any advice on where to look to sit for the best action would be appreciated :)

Given that a grandstand seat is still less than GA at Silverstone I'd go for a stand? Also it can be very hot sometimes, like 30'c+. A covered grandstand is an option you might appreciate.

Visiting the Hungaroring in July means hot weather, but there's a nearby water park, the Mogyorodi Aquarena, to cool off. The circuit is also just 20km from Budapest, offering access to one of Europe's most vibrant city centers.

For the best viewing experience, the grandstands on or around the main straight provide views of multiple parts of the track, thanks to the natural bowl-like setting, similar to the UK's Brands Hatch.

Taken from the race thread for this year ;)

Would @iamdjdz please attend this thread?

He went to the race with his family while on holiday there, and maybe offer his advice and experience.
Sadly I actually didn't, we had everything booked in for 2020 grand prix - had grandstand seats in Bronze 1 for practice, Silver 3 for qually and Gold 3 or 4 for the race which would have been excellent. We booked into a local hotel near Szada for the Friday to Sunday nights I think so no idea how we'd have got there, probably had to taxi or walk! Then tag a couple of days visit in Budapest during the week before.

As you might be aware things in 2020 didn't go to plan :cry: but we did at least get a full refund for it.

Sadly I actually didn't, we had everything booked in for 2020 grand prix - had grandstand seats in Bronze 1 for practice, Silver 3 for qually and Gold 3 or 4 for the race which would have been excellent. We booked into a local hotel near Szada for the Friday to Sunday nights I think so no idea how we'd have got there, probably had to taxi or walk! Then tag a couple of days visit in Budapest during the week before.

As you might be aware things in 2020 didn't go to plan :cry: but we did at least get a full refund for it.

Lol did something happen in 2020? I can't remember! - Seriously though thats a shame!

I didn't realise it was 2020 that you were due to go, but I genuinely thought you'd gone to the race. I did wonder why you never talked about it.

It will be hot so sitting in GA can be a bit brutal, especially when you want to walk between them and get different views of the track - it's a lot of walking. There are quite a few GA areas though, and they're elevated (very hilly), especially on the back half of the track.

Main grandstand is decent and all of the food, drinks and merch (overpriced) vendors are right behind you, although it can get a bit crowded. You'll get a good view of the pits and start, but otherwise you're mostly watching the TV. Sitting between turns 5 and 14 will give you a better view of the cars as they navigate the corners, but I don't think those stands are covered.

In general, going to a race is a great experience but don't expect to follow it like you would on TV - go to see the cars and some of the feature races. Just get the Sunday ticket if it'll save you some cash.

As @Mesai said it’s never going to be like watching it on tv, the coverage is just to good.

At best you’ll get a corner or a section of straight which you will see.

It’s all about the atmosphere of the race and crowd more than anything.

Might be going to the F1 here next year, I've a friend thats moved out there and doesnt live so far from the track so its ideal.

Has anyone been that can offer advice on the various tickets? Whats general admission like/is it viable? My budget isn't massive but if GA is rubbish here any advice on where to look to sit for the best action would be appreciated :)
I was in a similar position in 2007 - went at got tickets for the stand at the Grand Prix 1 or 2 stand

Its the final set of corners before the start finish straight... You can't see the first corner nor the top 10 or so due to the rise on the straight but you see 1/2 the track plus the section in the distance near the waterpark.. it had a big screen opposite so was well catered.

Its an exposed stand so be prepared but it was glorious!

Just done a quick look at Expedia, £334 per person for flights and hotel to Budapest. It's cheaper still if you want to go a hostel. That's Thursday to Monday.

GA Tickets on F1.com are still available, all 3 days for £150.

£484 all in. Could even go cheaper I imagine if you shop around, I selected all London airports.

Last edited:
Just done a quick look at Expedia, £334 per person for flights and hotel to Budapest. It's cheaper still if you want to go hostel. That's Thursday to Monday.

GA Tickets on F1.com are still available, all 3 days for £150.

£484 all in. Could even go cheaper I imagine if you shop around, I selected all London airports.

Crikey, that's a lot cheaper than expected. Thanks

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom