Hunter wheel alignment prices

Soldato
A place near me wanted £110 for 4 wheel alignment, sounds a bit expensive!

Thats normal price for a decent place, its false economy to pay 40quid for a complete monkey to do it, as your settings can be set to something worse than when you came in.

Pay more once and it get right first time.

Soldato
When i was getting some valves fitted at a garage (one valve was leaking!) i noticed that they had a hunter machine there.

May have to go and have this done. Will enquire about price.

Where is this please?

My Eagle F1s have only lasted 6k miles on the vRS so thinking I might buy some toyos TR1s out.

Associate
Are hunter machines that much better than other laser alignment machines? Protyre near me use a John Bean(snap on) machine and insist this is better (as they would obviously) is there much of a difference?

Soldato
Seems a few Dealers near me have the Hunter, Nissan and Toyota, can these guys be trusted to do a good job? If not I can pop down to Elite where Phate went.

My tyre wear is like about as even as ..... a very uneven thing!

edit - Nissan dealer is round the corner which is why I ask :)

Soldato
Where is this please?

My Eagle F1s have only lasted 6k miles on the vRS so thinking I might buy some toyos TR1s out.

Taylors Tyres in Pool and 6 mile stone garage in St.Agnes have one!

I saw the one the Taylors Tyres. They said that is would be a £30 consultation and a £60 Job i think.

Edit - ^ Too late! :p

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

Cost me £50 on the Westfield - they only adjusted the toe though as everything else was ok.

Associate
Hi guys

I'm pulling my hair out - maybe one of you guys can give me some advice please..!

I have an Audi A5. Some uneven tyre wear and a slight pull to the left made me get an alignment done by a local garage when I had the tyres replaced.

The pull to the left is still there.

I then read this thread and find a Hunter system to get the alignment done properly - back end was out a little, so they adjusted it and all parameters are now zero or well within tolerance.

I then take the car to Audi to get their 'master tech' to have a drive.
He says "All A4's and A5's pull to the left (!)", but he reckoned the steering wheel isn't set correctly. He also thought it could also be the tyres that have been put on the front causing it.
I swap the front and rear wheels around.

I now have no idea what to do. A hunter system says the car is running true, and Audi don't seems to have a decent idea.

Help?! Ideas?!

When I drive off, the steering wheel will almost immediately turn anti clockwise slightly by about 10 degrees and the result is the car drives (pulls) to the left.
If I hold the wheel level, the car drives in a perfect straight line.

How can Audi's idea of taking the steering wheel off and resetting it by one tooth clockwise solve this problem?!

If anyone has any experience of something similar or any advice, I would really appreciate it as I'm in to approx £150 now and am nowhere closer to getting this resolved..!

Cheers

Mon

Soldato
While I think getting everything straight and true is an excellent idea and something I do at least once a year I question how much 'tweaking' will benefit people in 'normal' road cars unless you are tracking it or it's built to be adjusted fully, which most production cars aren't.

The original MX5's are, are they not? I thought that was why people were so focused on WIM set up's and the like.

Do people rate Powerstation for this kind of thing, where we have the RR days?

Soldato
They do really seem to know their stuff, nothing but praise for them all over the net. Will have to find an excuse to go that way.

I live in Gravesend so probably about the same distance as you from WiM. I took my MK3 MX5 to them, they lowered it on their custom springs and sorted the alignment for a fast road setup for a total price of about £305 inc. VAT. The difference is amazing, and the car now feels tighter and more precise as a sports roadster should.

The level of service was great. They gave the car a lot of attention, knew their stuff and were extremly apologetic when the alignment on my car was delayed while they dealt with an MR2 with knackered adjustment bolts. Not a huge problem though, the waiting room is nice, plenty of reading material and big screen TV to kill time in. Well worth the trip :)

Soldato
Holy thread revival batman!

I had my sporty 328 done one one of those machines and the difference was literally night and day. Alignment is definitely worth while - i believe it cost £40 for all 4 wheels, although not a great deal was adjustable.

Going back soon as I've just fitted new coilovers (and as they were less than a grand I'm going to need every bit of help I can get to avoid crashing and dying).

EDIT: SHould probably mention it was A-Line in dudley who did it, I cannot recommend them enough, the service was second to none.

Back
Top Bottom