Hurricane Helene / Milton

People not evacuating are being advised to write their names on their arm in marker pen to aid identification
I don't really see how their bowel movements are anyone's business other than their own. Or did you mean evacuating their homes?

Last edited:
I'm a a big fan of following crazy weather in America, tornadoes or hurricanes. This latest one looks like it's gonna be small but mighty.

Looks like it's going to be an absolute monster. Tampa is already in a bad way after Helene and it's about to be hit again by a more powerful storm.

I was holidaying in Cuba when Hurricane Dennis struck years ago, these things are really frightening. Let's hope that Milton loses some of it's power before landfall and that the emergency teams are able to cope.

We'll see what happens, fingers crossed that its another example of when half the time these weather events are overhyped as apocalyptic by the media and end up being a wash out.

overhyped as apocalyptic by the media
Yeah that's what happens last time, oh wait it wasn't lol.

Actual meteorologists are categorising this Milton one, it is the 4th most severe hurricane in earth's recorded history I read this morning. It is beyond any type of supposed media hype. Florida officials are literally tellig people in press conferences that if they don't evacuate then to print their details on their arms so when they die they can be identified.

Last edited:
Its gone through eye wall replacement right now and due to go up to a Category 5 later today in America.

But current track it will downgrade on arrival to Florida as a category 3 or high end category 3 which will still be deadly for the Tampa area etc.

I see that it's fluctuating - CAT5 has become CAT4 but is regarded as one of the most severe on record.

Indicates storm surge of +15ft (4.5m).. that's water level above normal and then add the wave height of a cat 4+ hurricane on top..

To put that in context, the UK storm surge sometimes reaches 1 meter above normal, then add waves :eek:

Last edited:
Amazing that people can still say climate change isn’t a thing. I assume we’ll get the remnants of most of these.
I think that most people, to be fair, agree that climate change is a thing, at least everyone that I know agrees that climate change is a thing. The thing they all have differing opinions on , is why climate change is a thing.

Back
Top Bottom