HX850i Problems

Associate
hi

booted my pc up earlier working fine for about 5 mins then pc shut it self down down.

it restarted but didn't boot up properly so unplugged it tried to restart no joy nothing although the reset button lights up red on the MB took out the psu tested with a psu jumper fan ran at full speed, plugged in a molex fan that lit up.

could the 8 pin cpu socket have failed ? is there anyway of testing it dont have a spare MB though tried the psu again just ssd boot drive in and graphics card and watercooling pump attached when i try to start i just hear a faint click from the psu but no boot up. pc reset button still glowing red though

just tried a old psu managed to get the pc working will be gutted if i gotta rma this means sending to the netherlands again :( worth buying a new 8 pin cable for it or does it sound knackerd ?

cheers,

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Ok thanks wasn't aware of that found a spare cable in the bag of stuff tried that still not having it looks like RMA time then :( dont know about pre paid labels it cost 20 odd pounds to the netherlands last time. least it wont be as much if there based in bolton

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Do they provide prepaid shipping labels?

I heard they rent space at a certain Bolton site to handle RMAs.

just sent my rma off it's not pre paid .

Shipping Carrier:

The consumer is responsible for return freight costs to Corsair.

cost 13 quid to send the psu to bolton via parcelforce, cheaper than sending to rotterdam though.

Associate
Let us know how the ram goes as customer service is to me at least as important as overal quality when buying. No point paying big for a good name with awful after sales support!

Associate
OP
Let us know how the ram goes as customer service is to me at least as important as overal quality when buying. No point paying big for a good name with awful after sales support!

RMA Went great i sent the psu wednesday arrived friday, the following monday dpd deliverd a brand new one. cant fault the rma service.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom