HyperX Cloud II best sound settings ?

Soldato
I have just bought myself a set of HyperX Cloud II headphones as I have seen them being heralded as a very good set of gaming cans for quite a long time and always wondered what they would be like but I am a bit puzzled now after trying them which are the best sound settings.

Plugged into my PC and using the 7.1 mode I find it a little loud and the directional sound a bit muddied. You do not seem to be able to tell sometimes where sound is coming from when a lot of sound is being played.

I have just been playing a couple of games and using the test videos on YouTube and to my taste the best setting is to turn off the 7.1 mode and use the Windows 10 Dolby Atmos mode with 7.1 on. This sounds a lot clearer to me and the psuedo directional sound works a lot better.

I'm just a bit surprised I was expecting these to be amazing out of the box and I feel a little deflated. This is coming from Rog Strix Wireless. Also surprised there is no control panel/setup software/equalizer with it, at least their own test software to show off the sound.

Other owners of these what sound settings do you use ?

Soldato
Plugged into my PC and using the 7.1 mode I find it a little loud and the directional sound a bit muddied.
Dolby Headphone has some notable bass bloat.
So it would sound easily loud and especially with stronger bass closed headphones that might mess whole sound.
After all they're not made by traditional audio maker.
Whose headphones you would actually get for around £100, which is nothing compared to luxury graphics, which don't even hold their value.

Also bundled dongle is likely very cheap:
https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/posts/30945620

Soldato
OP
Thanks for the link I listened to the BF4 youtube video setup for virtual 5.1 with headphones and I can see the difference now. Yes the USB 7.1 on this does suck big time its the worst implementation I have ever seen. If you turn it off and use the Windows 10 Dolby Atmos 7.1 setting its really good and you can tell which direction shots are coming from and especially the helicopter crash early on so I am happy again.

I have had a few sub £150 headsets mainly wireless with 7.1 USB and most of them have been pretty good. Hyperx Cloud II 7.1 USB is awful.

Back
Top Bottom