Hyte Y70, PSU question

Soldato
Hi,

I was thinking of getting a Y70 for my desktop.
Is it easy to install a Corsair RM Shift PSU?

I ask, as the PSU cables would be facing upwards, just below the HDD tray.

mfj

mfj

Associate
Hey, I'd like to use a Shift in the Y70 as well and would love to know if you went with that setup and how it went :)

Soldato
Welcome to the forums mfj.

Hope this video gives you a idea of how much room you get for the cables, it does look like he had no drives installed though.

mfj

mfj

Associate
Welcome to the forums mfj.

Hope this video gives you a idea of how much room you get for the cables, it does look like he had no drives installed though.

Thank you for the response! I saw this vid but yeah I wasn't sure if he took the drive trays out or not. I have seen some people use the Shift even with the drive trays installed in the Y70 but it does look a bit dodgy.

With this case, do you think it would be ok to have 1 or 2 HDD's just kind of sat there, without the trays? I've heard you should be fine to do that if you're not going to be moving your PC around, but I'm not sure if I'd want to risk something going wrong with the HDD's. Thanks again

Soldato
Thank you for the response! I saw this vid but yeah I wasn't sure if he took the drive trays out or not. I have seen some people use the Shift even with the drive trays installed in the Y70 but it does look a bit dodgy.

With this case, do you think it would be ok to have 1 or 2 HDD's just kind of sat there, without the trays? I've heard you should be fine to do that if you're not going to be moving your PC around, but I'm not sure if I'd want to risk something going wrong with the HDD's. Thanks again
I would say SSD's are ok not screwed in but not normal HDD's.

Back
Top Bottom