Hyundai Q261 26"

Associate
Wondering if this is a good monitor for gaming ? I really want a large pc monitor around 26-28 inches for my bedroom that supports windows based gaming at good quality, aswell as as any future hd based entertainment.

Anyone bought this lcd or seen any decent pc gaming reviews on the web? Seems to be a great price for it on OCUK, done a little searching and ocuk seem to be the lowest.....

Last edited:
Permabanned
I just ordered one so should be getting it tomorrow, will post feedback.... I've mainly bought it as a TV but I'll give it a try on the PC and see how it works..

Permabanned
Teknodeamon said:
amsung LE26R74BDX anyone used it seen it? Has 8ms response time and 1366 x 768 resolution, reckon it will be good for games like oblivion and stuff ? :p

I considered it but it lacks DVI which is a must for me, also the specs only list the "dynamic contrast" which is missleading imo... But I think its 1000:1 also so up to you.. if you wanted to connect it to a PC you would have to use VGA.

Delivery will now be tomorrow for me Q261... ScaM.co.uk are useless ! :p

Last edited:
Permabanned
Got the Hyundai today, picture quality is very good.. the built in freeview is pretty awful tho.. It just can't get a good signal..

Tried DVI with windows works at 1360*768.. Tried a few games, all looked great, a little blurry for my taste but a very good picture all the same... No major ghosting, what you would expect for a quality 8ms panel.. So far I'm very happy with it. . :p

Soldato
Shocky-FM said:
I considered it but it lacks DVI which is a must for me, also the specs only list the "dynamic contrast" which is missleading imo... But I think its 1000:1 also so up to you.. if you wanted to connect it to a PC you would have to use VGA.

Delivery will now be tomorrow for me Q261... ScaM.co.uk are useless ! :p
isnt it 1:1300 like the new sonys

Permabanned
Err, Don't care about samsungs, there design is god awful imo..

If you havent bought yet Teknodeamon then consider this !!

Removed link, this is OCUK afterall... just search for Hyundai ImageQuest A321 you should find it eventually. :mad:

Last edited:

Mud

Mud

Soldato
You'll need to remove that link quickly (OcUK rules)...but that said I ordered that very screen from that very place about 4 hours back... ;)

Soldato
Mud said:
You'll need to remove that link quickly (OcUK rules)...but that said I ordered that very screen from that very place about 4 hours back... ;)

I just hope nothing goes wrong the place in question has about the worst approach to customer service I have ever met. I ordered from them once and NEVER again !

Permabanned
Mud said:

I forgot which forum I was on... Oh well. !! :) Their customer service is quite bad but they got some amazing deals.

Kinda annoyed that the day I receive my 26" theres a bigger better version available for less but thats just how it works sometimes I guess.. :(

Last edited:

Mud

Mud

Soldato
I haven't come across an internet company yet that has been great with returns. I've RMA'd to them in the past and it generally goes wrong a few times, then you get crazy compensation. My 9700Pro got a full refund several years after I bought it, as did my 3rd return of a V9999GE (essentially a 6800GT) and my Logitech MOMO. My dad has had his widescreen TV from there replaced and fixed a few times. Swings and roundabouts, make a saving...gain some frustration.

Permabanned
Teknodeamon said:
u sure ure not on about the old samsung with the silver v speakers at the bottom shocky? The new ones are way more simple looking and look classy imo

They look very simalar and both look awful, they look like there designed for displays in shops and not something I want in my living room.. They look cheap and tacky to me...

Did you even look for the LCD I suggested? its 32" and only £599 with very nice specs.

Soldato
I have been looking at the Hyundai...if anyone gets theirs please post some pics/thoughts and a review. I won't be able to afford it for quite a while unfortunately :(

Back
Top Bottom