Hyundai Tucson

Soldato
i quite liked these but the wife did not, i sat in a 508 and quite liked that too :(

Yeah, the 508 is really nice......and I think the upcoming 208 ev will be pretty cool as well as a second/town city car

Even though I collect my car this Friday I've already asked them to put my name down for the hybrid model due out next year. 4wd 300bhp and 150mpg!! That'll do. Oh..and the focal audio system is blooming amazing!

Soldato
we ended up ordering a Tucson at the weekend, 1.6 auto premium in champion blue.

Drove the managers car which was the same car we have ordered but manual and drove an auto which was a diesel, comfy, loads of room for a 2 year old's child seat and baggage.

wife is happy with it.

Soldato
We looked at all these, and more over the last few months.

Placed an order for a brand new 3008 GT Premium. We thought it was head and shoulders above the rest.
Paid £25k for it in the end after a bit of haggling.

Which dealer did you use? We’ve been looking at these but the discounts on offer are a bit disappointing :(

Soldato
Which dealer did you use? We’ve been looking at these but the discounts on offer are a bit disappointing :(

Robins and Day Nottingham

Peugeot bulk ordered a load prior to the initial brexit date and had a few hundred sat in a field waiting to be sold. During the last two weeks in March they ran a March sale, and at the same time Nottingham had a 'VIP' event where they had to sell 11 more cars before 1st April to meet their targets. Luckily for us the combination of those two factors gave us a massive discount. They also paid over the odds for our existing car as well so we were really happy. £7k discount + an extra £2k for our old car is really going some!

The only thing I can suggest is to phone up and see what they can offer. We were dead set on the Premium but if you don't mind a diesel, I've heard they give even biger discounts on the full blown GT model as it doesn't seem to sell as well as the others.

It's a fantastic car, we both love it to bits. Really don't have a bad word to say about it.

The 300bhp 4wd hybrid version is out this year though if you can wait.

Last edited:
Associate
Skoda Kodiaq is worth a look, and the slightly smaller version Skoda do - though the name escapes me right now
Skoda Karoq

Had one since Jan for the family duties , does everything on it says on the tin on with the SEL Trim , massive boot . Seats that you can take out fully if needed. the 1.5 TSI is powerful enough and not that thirsty. (43-44MPGs) on a long run.

Soldato
There's a voice that keeps on calling me.
I found the tiguan to be a bit naff inside, once you look past the fancy instrument binacle. and its not the biggest SUV as its based on the golf. The Kodiaq is a good shout, as is the Seat ateca.

A friend has recently had a Kia Niro on the motability scheme, really well put together car and well specced, the Koreans have really upped their game.

Soldato
We looked at all these, and more over the last few months.

Placed an order for a brand new 3008 GT Premium. We thought it was head and shoulders above the rest.
Paid £25k for it in the end after a bit of haggling.

3008 owner here. The car’s not too bad.

Back
Top Bottom