I bought Dell Desktop, seems to have a small damage.

Associate
Hi guys,

I bought a Dell Desktop, and on the back it seems the thin metal next to the PCI slots is bent a little.

vcdvt9.jpg

nqnitx.jpg

7gvemo.jpg

Everything else seems to be good, and it's only this small problem.

Is this something that I can easily fix myself?
Or I should return it?

I have 10 days to return it if I don't like it.

Thanks for your time.

Thanks guys.
It's an old used PC so it's not new. Dell Optiplex from 2012-2013, I paid 230$.
Their policy is: If I open the side door they will not return it, so I haven't opened it yet to see how it looks from the inside.

You think it's easily fixed?
I don't know if this is permanent damage that would require new parts to fix. Would I have to order some new parts and replace the parts that are bent?
Or I can carefully bend it into place from the inside with dull pliers or something?

Any advice is appreciated.

@Bouton Aide
I have used it non stop for the last 2-3 days and it works normally, no problems, so I don't think this directly affects anything, I don't know if I can put a GPU without a problem because I don't know if the mechanism on the back that locks things-in-PCI-slots into place works normally and is not damaged from this "physical problem".

The only weird thing I noticed is this:
When I plug the Power Supply, the PC turns itself ON automatically for 2 seconds and then turns itself OFF again.
When I force Shut Down, by holding the Power Button for 5-6 sec, the PC turns itself ON automatically for 2 seconds and then turns itself OFF again.
I haven't had a Dell Desktop PC before so I don't know if this is normal operation for these types of Desktops.

The side door of the Case is shut and I haven't attempted to open it, because that will ruin my chances to return it (if I want to return it).

Turns on and off normally, I can get into the Desktop, and run programs, no problem.
I don't know if there are any components inside damaged, because I haven't opened it yet. (Their policy: If I open the side door I can't return it)

@Haz123
It has a 6mm hole in the back so I would like to close this gap and prevent anything from getting inside as it was originally designed.
From the picture, you think I would need to buy new metal parts (PCI Blank Slot Covers, Retention Bracket)? Or bending would be enough?

I see, thanks, so it could be a normal operation for this system/PSU.

I still have the option to return it, and they will send me another Desktop of the same model. I don't know if the new one will have any unexpected malfunctions though. :)

So what do you think I should do? Keep it and fix it myself?
Or send it back and hope the new one they send me is better than the one I have right now?

Back
Top Bottom