I don't like cookies

Man of Honour
Rather than replying in the useful software thread, I felt that that this deserves its own topic, as cookie pup ups and ******* annoying! I don't have an issue with functional cookies, but ones which deliberately track your data, browsing habits and what not, and furthermore when the website makes it difficult to opt out is rage inducting. I had been using a plugin which worked reasonably well, but they've moved to a paid model. More recently I've been using Hush (https://oblador.github.io/hush/) however it breaks some sites, and there's no way that I know of to ad an exclusion.

I find cookie pop ups so infuriating that I am happy to pay for something if it's decent, hence I am looking for some suggestions.

Man of Honour
OP
Go back to the original plugin?

I'm in the same boat, I know we talked about it in the other thread.
Thing is, that bit of software wasn't the greatest, it worked okay but I feel like for a paid model that there may be a better solution.

Soldato
I paid the lifetime subscription for Super Agent but use Hush as well to catch as much as I can. Sites don't break often but when they do it's frustrating as I have to disable one plugin or the other to get it working.

Super agent stats:

3630​

Websites visited

25833​

Clicks saved

1302.4​

Minutes saved

Whether it's true I have no idea.

Man of Honour
OP
Screw it, I've just bought super agent.

Is there an easy way with Hush to ignore a certain website? There's a few I use which simply don't load with Hush installed.

Soldato
Is there an easy way with Hush to ignore a certain website? There's a few I use which simply don't load with Hush installed.
It doesn't appear to have settings of any kind, only a report option when you click on the icon itself. I'll try and make use of that more in future.

Man of Honour
OP
I've realised that with Hush, you can disable it for some sites using Safari settings of disabling content blocker for that site. Which means I'm now using Hush, and Super Agent, and I'm £30 down. :cry:

Man of Honour
OP
Hush and consent-o-matic have been giving me the hump, I've just gone back to Super Agent, swallowed my pride and spent thirty quid.
I’m using Hush and Super Agent now, have been since I mentioned it above. Seems to work really well and only have the occasional site where neither seem to work.

Back
Top Bottom