I fancy a round...

Associate
Anyone play golf on pc?

PGA TOUR 2K23 DELUXE EDITION is only 15quid at the mo, was wondering what it plays like.

Not too worried about online play, just a couple holes here and there :)

This version any good?

Last edited:
Soldato
I got the ea sports pga game the other day for £11.99. Customisation is crap but gameplay and depth good. I suck but it seems as difficult as real golf on approach and greens

Soldato
It's a good game, swing difficulty feels a bit easier than PGA TOUR 2K23. Plenty of official courses to play and they all look amazing. I bought at full price, so at £15 it's hard to turn down.

Personally I play Links 2003, you can buy it much cheaper than these new games, gameplay holds up well and many community made courses available.

Associate
Used to love a golf game back in the 90's.

I see this and worried they had made it too complicated compared to games like PGA tour golf from way back when

Last edited:
Soldato
Used to love a golf game back in the 90's.

I see this and worried they had made it too complicated compared to games like PGA tour golf from way back when

I don't think I will ever stray from the traditional three click swing method. I think Links 2003 has the mouse move type swing, or it was in another golf game I tried, and I was like nah, never going to get used to that. Its either that or it has gone the other way and been dumbed down to accommodate the consoles. Not interested in all of the microtransactions either that they push.

Do you play on LSPN online tour? If not, should check it out.

I think I have heard of there being an online league like that, I'm more of a casual single player when I feel like firing Links up. There are so many excellent free courses, I have a mod which is a realistic career mode with like 50 or more courses with all the majors and different tournaments for all the levels from amateur to pro. Also have a mod to add realistic crowd noise and commentary including the venerable Peter Alliss. I do look at the more modern PC golf games, but I just don't see anything that much netter than I know I can get from Links.

Associate
Anyone play golf on pc?

PGA TOUR 2K23 DELUXE EDITION is only 15quid at the mo, was wondering what it plays like.

Not too worried about online play, just a couple holes here and there :)

This version any good?

I played PGA 2k21, I wasn't very good at it, I preferred the old simpler PGA game on my 286 PC. I

You could pay pennies for the older version to see if you like it, I doubt it's changed massively

Back
Top Bottom