I Have £1000 to spend on a new Gaming PC, need advice and/suggestions

Associate
Hello, my name is Luke and I'm 13 years old. I've been PC Gaming for a long time and I'm looking for a new PC to upgrade to. I have a £1000 budget and am looking for the best, "future proof" gaming PC I can buy that will be able to run all the newest and recently optimised games.
I'm currently running a Chillblast PC I got when I was 8 or 9 and it has held up pretty well to this point. As more and more new games are being released with higher and higher graphic demands I definitely need an upgrade. With that being said, here's the specs in my current Chillblast PC :

Basic Specification:

Zalman Z3 case
Intel Core i5 4570 "Haswell" Processor 3.2GHz
Asus B85M-G Basic Micro ATX Motherboard
8GB Corsair PC3-10666 1333MHz DDR3 Memory
AMD Radeon HD 7790 1024MB Graphics Card
1000GB 7200RPM Hard Disk - 6Gbps
24x DVD-RW Drive Chillblast
Xigmatek Premium Grade 500W PSU
Windows 8 64 bit
Wireless 802.11N USB Adaptor

DISCLAIMER : I'm not entirely sure what monitor I currently have, its an ASUS 24" something. On the back of the monitor it says : ASUS VS 239 Version number : VS239HR
--------
The new PC I am looking to build will be mainly from scratch, but I was first wondering whether any of the components in my current PC could be carried over. Of course ill need a new GPU, CPU and main components like that, but I was wondering whether ANYTHING at all could be taken out of my old PC and now put to waste.
--------
New PC expectations :
I play a variety of different games that are just seeming to be straining my PC more and more to get good FPS in. For example I recently picked up PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS. While it is and incredibly fun game, my PC handles it incredibly poorly. as this is a fairly new release, im getting more and more afraid that we have come to the point in PC Gaming where my computer will be just completely unusable any more. Which is why i'm looking for an upgrade.
-I play a lot of 1st and 3rd person shooters (not really call of duty)
-GTA V
-PUBG
-Battlefield
-H1Z1
-Rocket League (runs fine on my current PC)
-ARK Survival Evolved (The game that has challenged my PC the most out of every game I have ever played. I get max 25 FPS on very low graphics)
-Rust
I have over 75 games in my steam library but these are the main games I either play the most often or are giving me trouble (bad FPS etc)
--------
The only PC I have ever built/helped to build was my dad's gaming PC which took us an entire weekend to wire and get it running. I have little to none experience in what parts are the best and what I need so I was really hoping someone could help me out.
Thank you very much :)
Luke
--------
PS: I was looking towards getting a GTX 1070 MSI Gaming X , however this would require me to get a 144hz 1440p monitor, which I don't think I have the budget for

I think you could just get away with more RAM (making 16Gb total) and a GFX card upgrade.

Then with just that you should also be able to get a monitor.

Example,

My basket at Overclockers UK:

Total: £761.68
(includes shipping: £11.70)

Total: £971.68

Is your ram on one or two sticks?

I think you could just get away with more RAM (making 16Gb total) and a GFX card upgrade.

Then with just that you should also be able to get a monitor.

Example,

Total: £761.68

Total: £971.68

Is your ram on one or two sticks?
I have 2 sticks of 4gb ram i think

I would suggest then the 1st option, more RAM ( two more sticks as the board has four slots) and how about a SSD to install windows+games onto and then wipe the HDD and use it as extra storage.

As above.

If you had any issues they would be resolved by a simple BIOS update - but that would not be unusual or anything to worry about.

Intel Core i5 4570 "Haswell" Processor 3.2GHz

Yup. Just a GPU upgrade will sort you out, possibly a SSD too. Do be aware that AMD are releasing their new Vega GPUs in the next month or so, so you might get better value for your money if you wait a bit. Besides, won't you have end-of-year exams for which you should be revising? :D

your gpu is certainly the weak point, i run an i3 haswell and it handles games like mad max, the division etc fine even ark survival runs find despite its poor optimization and i have an OC edition gtx 750 1gb, i was looking at the 7790, but you can get 7850/7870 for £50 that would be an improvement, but obviously with your budget you can do a hell of a lot better.

if it was me, id probably just buy a gtx 1080ti, a psu and extra ram or least replace it with 1600 versions.

Total: £891.06
(includes shipping: £11.10)

then put the remaining money to the side and see what you can get for the ram, psu and 7790 you currently have and put it towards a monitor?

Back
Top Bottom