I have a stupid question

Associate
I have just created a new build and installed xp on my new hard drive. I have a ton of files and data on my old hard drive in my old machine. Can i just simply plug my old hdd into my new mobo and transfer the data across? The only reason i ask is i'm sure i heard somewhere about problems with having 2 bootable operating systems on the one machine? :/

So in summary, will it be a problem that win xp is fully installed on both the hdd's?

Edit: didn't know wether to put this in hard drive section or general :rolleyes:

Soldato
djcj said:
I have just created a new build and installed xp on my new hard drive. I have a ton of files and data on my old hard drive in my old machine. Can i just simply plug my old hdd into my new mobo and transfer the data across? The only reason i ask is i'm sure i heard somewhere about problems with having 2 bootable operating systems on the one machine? :/

So in summary, will it be a problem that win xp is fully installed on both the hdd's?

Edit: didn't know wether to put this in hard drive section or general :rolleyes:

As long as you have the new drive set up as master and the od as slave, a you'' need to do is make sure the BIOS is set to boot of the new drive. and then bob's your uncle's brother-in-aw.

Back
Top Bottom