I have no idea what to do with the rest of my life!

Soldato
I currently work as a night club doorman and have done off and on due to health issues for the past 17 years. Its a job I used to love but for the past 10 months I've really been struggling with it. It's leaving me totally unfulfilled.

I'm on less money than I was 10 years ago, there are no opportunities to really progress in the industry anymore and to put it as politely as possible I would rather drink a gallon of dog sick while standing barefoot on slugs than have to deal with anymore drunk people. I want to move on, but to what I have no idea!

I have no qualifications to speak of, GCSE's mostly at D's as I had a lot of problems at school though I do have a C and a B in English. I've had some vocational qualifications over the years like my First Person on the Scene etc. But nothing more that that.

Quite frankly when I was younger I was an idiot, I went back to college to study numerous times but if I didn't like the course I'd quit instead of finishing and getting anywhere. As a result I now feel entirely trapped by what I do.

I have no idea what I really want to do with my life though, I must have done a hundred of those career identifying tests online that tell me I'm a dreamer and an idealist so I should be a writer or some such. I don't know where to begin to be honest, I don't have any hobbies to speak of anymore and just genuinely don't know where to start.

All I know is I need a change, can someone please help?

Soldato
OP
To answer your questions, personal security roles aren't really an option due to the situation over my children (Court ordered child arrangements, every weekend etc).

I'm 33 and moneywise I'm not looking for anything other than to be comfortable.

Back
Top Bottom