“I have no recollection”

Capodecina
Soldato
Tony Blair, prime minister at the time MI6 rendered Abdel Hakim Belhaj, a prominent Libyan dissident, to the Gaddafi regime in 2004, has said he had "no recollection" of the incident. (The Guardian)
Is this a case of the war criminal Blair using the Oliver North defence or perhaps the first sign that he is following his hero the Grantham Grocer down the road to senile dementia?

One can but hope that it is the latter :)

Capodecina
Soldato
OP
Based on an article in The Guardian? Or did you listen to WaO?
The World at One is available HERE, I'll have a listen later.

As to the comedian that suggested that Blair can't be expected to remember every illegal idea he condoned, you may well be right, there is only so much that any one person can be expected to recall . . . perhaps he should consult the copious notes he kept in order to churn out his tedious exculpatory memoirs ;)

Capodecina
Soldato
OP
I wish this were Facebook... I need to like this...

To be honest I don't remember what I did 2 days ago, I'm sure he had other important things going on at the time....

kd
To be honest, I suspect that you have never actually done anything worth remembering at any point in your life ;)

Whenever a politician says that they have no recollection of involvement in a criminal activity, what they actually mean is "I don't know what evidence you have in your hands, so I'm not going to commit myself one way or another".

Capodecina
Soldato
OP
Abdel Hakim Belhaj was an opponent of Col. Gaddafi. He and his pregnant wife were kidnapped in Bangkok and ended up in the hands of Gaddafi who just happened to have large oil reserves that we quite fancied getting our hands on. (If you want some further insight into this, have a look HERE)

The only reason that we have any knowledge of this results from papers found following the overthrow of Gaddafi. I doubt that it only ever happened once and no doubt as more convenient regime change occurs, we will hear of more such examples ;)

As to Blair, I am absolutely certain that as ever, no smoking WMD implicating him will ever be found.

Capodecina
Soldato
OP
[TW]Fox;21663118 said:
Your reply appears to address none of the points I made in my post and seems to be just another random example of you talking to yourself :confused:
That is because your post consisted of
  • I don't like Blair
  • I don't like Labour
  • I'm sure Blair is a lovely guy only interested in seeking the best for the British people
It wasn't worthy of a response, sorry Foxy :(

Why don't you get back to Motors where your encyclopaedic and breathtakingly dull knowledge of the optimum manifold pressure of every BMW ever produced will be acknowledged and applauded by your fellow bores?

Capodecina
Soldato
OP
Can we not get stockhausens posts approved by a mod before it gets opened for the rest of us to read? (or not)
People like you who aren't bright enough to seek out the "Ignore" option and lack the self-discipline to "Just move along" really shouldn't be allowed near a keyboard . . . or scissors :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom