I killed a spider tonight :(

Soldato
I always try and catch them and put them outside, but he was intent on running under my bed so I had to use fly spray (nerve agent for insects) and found his ass ****** up in the corner. He was a big beast but he had to go. I hear the south of England are getting some pretty mad insects these days... Hornets and what not?

My cat killed three last night. My cat is more of a man than you... ;)

bJN

bJN

Soldato
Swear there's some huge ones in our garage - just as you open the main door, bottom right corner there's all these funnel webs - actually bricking it because you can see a silhouette of the beast and its looks like the size of my fist :S

Soldato
OP
You cruel man

I feel cruel :( Don't normally kill spiders but if this fella escaped we would have giant spiders invading the whole country. Either that or he would have me bitten stupid in bed at night. All spiders in the UK can bite and all of them have venom.... It's not as powerful as my fly spray but :D

Last edited:
Soldato
It's a spider. They scuttle about a bit.

Meet Steve. He lives in my front room and see him most nights! :D

steve.png

The AAA battery is for size comparison.

Associate
When i was living in MK there was a spider web on my ceiling right above my bed. I said to him the day i moved in it was ok for to stay up there but if he came down id kill him. Well a few months later he must have forgotten our little deal and came down on a web of silk and got smashed by the Sunday times.

I have no problem with spiders as long as they don't crawl onto my bed. If they're on my desk, floor or wall I just leave them to it.

Nix

Nix

Soldato
When i was living in MK there was a spider web on my ceiling right above my bed. I said to him the day i moved in it was ok for to stay up there but if he came down id kill him. Well a few months later he must have forgotten our little deal and came down on a web of silk and got smashed by the Sunday times.

I have no problem with spiders as long as they don't crawl onto my bed. If they're on my desk, floor or wall I just leave them to it.

Must've been Polish or something. Probably didn't understand a word you were saying.

Soldato
What's with all the spider threads lately? :D

It's the time of year that male house spiders are looking for spider love.

Indientally, a while back my wife had a shower with a male house spider. She just let it drown in the plug hole (or so she thought). I thought this was a bit mean of her, after all, the spider had spent 3 or 4 years growing big enough to find a mate and drowning wasn't exactly a fair ending. So I plucked him out of the bubbles and soap, and dabbed the poor blighter dry with a tissue. He was all curled up and lifeless, but after blowing on him a for a little bit, and putting him in a warm tank with my tarantulas, he came around and was fine.

Obligatory big hairy spider pic:

Spidey01.jpg

Back
Top Bottom