I need a extension lead for phone.

Soldato
I have put it on here as I can find H&G

At the moment I am changing my router for a new one - A simple job has turned nasty.
All I need is a extension lead from garage to PC -say 4m - On one end I need a plug RJ11 (small plug that looks like a small ethernet plug) - On the other end I need a standard phone cord socket to plug the filter in.
I can get any other mix of plugs and sockets but not the one I need - So can someone please point me in the right direction.
The only thing I have found with getting old is I no longer throw the toys out of the pram.
I can wait where before it was like next door kid who shouted at top of her voice out side "I want it now" :(

My master socket is in garage and I have a cord with RJ11 on each end at the moment - But I need to put a filter on the cable before I plug it in to router and filter has the old BT plug on it hence the socket for the plug cord.
I have BB only now as cancalled phone a few days ago so can't plug a phone in a abandoned socket under the desk. I have tried it but no luck If i hadn't cancelled the phone I would get 50v Dc on one leg but only showing 6v.
Does anyone know if 6v is normal for BB with no phone active.

I knew this wouldn't be straight forward -unplug and replug -No chance.

I am on BT BB and updated my router 5 to Smart hub 2 - I would agree with you all that in theory it should all go together the same.
So I have all the new kit and the only difference is the plug on the end of the lead from master socket to back of the Hub - On the old one it was RJ11 in master socket and RJ11 in back of the old router.
Now with the filter the RJ11 fits in filter instead of socket and plug on end of filter is basic BT plug.
Since last post I think that the BT extension socket under the desk does work and the filter will plug in. 15 yrs ago I wired the house up for extension phone all over it when refurbing but over the last 15 yrs tech has changed and these extensions became obsolete and I thought perhaps cut off but it seems not.
I plugged it all in again and blue light flashed then stayed on solid blue -after a few minutes it went orange.
I now think this was because I hadn't got it plugged into PC so didn't enter any password so it closed itself down.
My theory was plug it all in and make sure it worked before taking the old one out as there are so many cables under the desk i didn't want to mess it up.
Also I was out shopping with wife this morning and it didn't go well so I was a bit stressed up - Feel better now with glass of wine and a few glasses of brandy.
Will fight it again tomorrow when she is out at he garden centre.

PS - I think we are on FTTC. Basic dropwire from pole.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom