i think i deep fried my board :(

Soldato
iv had this computer for about 2 years and this summer i had a upgrade of my mobo and CPU. specs at bottom.

so bacsically was playing CS;S on my computer when all of a sudden it went all joggy and crashed. i managed get it back to the desktop when it crashed totally. it wasnt like a normal crash, it was way more mechanical crash.

none of my USB devised had power, mouse totally stuck (even one connected to P/S2. i was pretty scared and so i turned it off by pressing the power button for 5 secs.. the 2 LEDs on the mobo indicates that its getting power and the rams are connected propperly.

turning on the comp

when it comes to turning on the comp nothing comes up on the screen. not even the bios, then theres this wierd beep that goes like --- - - -. and it just stays. at this point my USBs are getting power and seems like all the drves are too......

what tests shall i do to see what parts of my computer is broken ?
and does anyone have a clue of whats going on? i really need help :(

many thanks, shimy

Soldato
If you find out what kind of BIOS you have then you'll be able to find a website that lets you know what the beeps actually mean.

If you don't know your BIOS type then post your Motherboard spec and somebody here might know.

Soldato
OP
o yeah sorry i forgot about the spec

DFI lanparty UT nf3 250gb
160Gb HDD
ATI radeon 9600 pro 256mb
AMD athlon 64 3000+
2* 512mb memory

maybe i should upgrade alltogether?

Soldato
OP
um.. where can i find out :confused:

EDIT: Just tried turning it on and it does :p . but unfortunately everything was not sorted... internet connection is buggered.
i can log in to skype and talk to people with it but i cant do anything else.
no browsing, no MSN log in, the lot.
its really wierd.
it also seems to run slower now.

someone get me another system :(

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
basmic said:
Should say on the first screen where it shows you your memory size and CPU speed. Usually top right logo, or in plain text on the left hand side.

Hit the Pause button to look for it.

hmm funny. i know what screen your on about, but it doesnt come up anymore :confused: :confused:

Back
Top Bottom