I thought a power supply was just that . . .

Soldato
A power supply. But it seems that just buying cheap ones aren't cutting the mustard anymore. The current supply I have has seen about 3 system changes and I guess other changes aswell, the cables must be of a poor standard as my hard drives keep cutting out.

With the power cutting out to the drives thats caused some no too serious data loss, just a right pain really more than anything else.

Have just had a look to see what power supplies are like price wise. I hate to say it but I really to grudge spending that sort of money on a power supply.

I guess though changing times and all that, if you run a decent PC it's let down by it's weakest link, in my case the cheapy 550 watt power supply bought from a well known e-tailer.

So looking for something thats not going to cost the earth, but run my system.

Athlon 64 3200
Radeon X800 GT
4 HDD's and 2 Optical drives, 2 case fans.

I do like the look of the modular supplies, pros and cons ??

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Yeah I looked at those, and i just think, well I can buy one for £50 less than that and it output the same power. It's not that I'm a scrouge or anything it's just that I'm careful with my money.

Although I have to say I've almost justified spending that amount on a PSU, I'll wait till pay day I think, just a few weeks away and soldier on with this EZ Cool.

I know I defiantley want a modular one. The thermal take one looked alright for the price but had thermal take stuff before and it always failed.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Grrr. Guess what I've just had ?? Another system crash thats what, disconnected my other two HDD's now, to protect them, dont wanna loose 160 gig of media.

ToLearn, thanks for the link, looks like a good psu :)

Soldato
OP
I'm not made of money !! Considering it though, the knowledge that I've got a high grade supply in there as opposed to this cheap junk will be worth more than the price of the unit.

Back
Top Bottom