I use IE - should I use FireFox?

Soldato
Simple question really. IE is there, I've no problems with it as such - but some people are pulling their eyes out over FF...

What does it do that is so much more useful?

Associate
I love that plugin :D

Firefox is very good, but v1.5 has pretty shocking memory leaks (has gone up to 130MB before :eek: ) so i'd suggest having a look at both Firefox and Opera to see which you like :)

Associate
Because you can get an Ocuk plugin! :D

Personally i find firefox a lot more pleasant to use than IE due to little things like the tabbed windows etc...

And you can pimp it up with loads of cool extensions and plugins like the hammertime button! :rolleyes:

Associate
as soon as you realise that you can middle mouse click on links to open them in news tabs and then middle mouse click on the tab to close it, tabbed browsing becomes your friend :p

FF is not faultless, it did have some horrific bugs in early versions, but less people are interested in exploiting them than IE, spyware is pretty much non existant in FF (I know you can be very careful in IE and avoid it but its a lot less effort in FF)

Soldato
I use firefox because it allows me to customise it in ways not possible in IE, and tabbed browsing is invaluable to me now, IE does my head in with all the windows going on.
When all is said and done though, IE is faster than FF, and FF does use a ridiculous amount of memory, ive seen it hogging over 400MB before.

Soldato
The things I like over IE, as mentioned middle click links to add page to a tab, once you've tried tabbed browsing you will never go back.

Adblock extension combined with Adblock FiltersetG.Updater = practically no adds on any site.

Soldato
|Ric| said:
as soon as you realise that you can middle mouse click on links to open them in news tabs and then middle mouse click on the tab to close it, tabbed browsing becomes your friend :p

FF is not faultless, it did have some horrific bugs in early versions, but less people are interested in exploiting them than IE, spyware is pretty much non existant in FF (I know you can be very careful in IE and avoid it but its a lot less effort in FF)
I didnt know that, much more quicker, Thanks! Also you can make or download skins so you have a fully personalised browser.

Aod

Aod

Soldato
i use Opera. it can do everything people have said FF can do, and its faster than both and uses less memory than both. take that!

http://opera.com/ go-on my son. come to the light side of the internet

Soldato
I use Firefox, Opera, Netscape and IE but that's because I have to test the way websites render in each one. For everyday use though, I use Firefox, IE just annoys me far to much.

Soldato
Try it for a few weeks and see how you go. Then you realised why everyone has been ranting on about it for years. IE afterwards seem totally plain.

FF is so stupidly flexible thanks to countless extensions that you can tailor the thing however you wish, you get to choose what you want. Not the other way around.

Back
Top Bottom