I want an Apple Keyboard

Soldato
Hello,

Im after a new keyboard and the apple seems a good choice. They are compatible with windows right?

Also are there different versions?

Thanks

Caporegime
They are windows compatible, but you have to hack the registry to map F13 F14 and F15 to Print Screen, Scroll Lock and Pause.

The "apple" key becomes the "windows" key.

Used an apple pro for many months on my PC.

Soldato
OP
Thanks for replys, will put an order in put have a few more Q's :)

I know there are two versions. USB and Wifi.

Are they any other differeces between the 2(apart from how they connect obv.?)

Thanks

Last edited:
Soldato
im using the apple keyboard the wired version rather than the bluetooth version, nevertheless it it is very good to use, for the key mappings, you can use 'applekeys 2' google it!

Soldato
I just use a reg file for changing the extra F keys into Print Screen, Scroll Lock etc. I've got it on my webspace, here.

I've had the Bluetooth version for the last 18 months, and whilst it's still nice I'm growing a little tired of not being able to use it outside of windows (i.e. the BIOS etc).

Associate
I've been using the usb version for a while also, it has a good keystroke, looks the part and is relatively cheap.

Another handy program that i've used is 'SharpKeys' - it allows you to manually configure the entire keyboard to whatever button you like but with a few exceptions like the eject button (which i don't think is possible to work on a PC).

Just a quick tip as well - the number lock button is located below the volume down button on the right hand side. It looks like a box with an X through it. Took me ages to wonder why my keypad wasn't working.

Soldato
OP
Thanks for replys - keyboard ordered (managed to get it new for under 20GBP deliverd :))

Now just my mouse. You lot using an apple one too?

Back
Top Bottom