I want to water cool my pc just want to know what loop I should get?

Associate
My pc parts aren't that great so the water cooling will be overkill but I want to be future Proof...
My specs are
CPU - FX(tm)-6300 Six-Core Processor
GPU - Inno3D Gtx 1060 x3 6GB
Motherboard - GA-970A-UD3P
Case - Cougar Panzer G
Ram - Vengance 4GB ddr3 X2
HyperX 4GB ddr3 X2
Storage - Samsung 2TB HDD
Seagate 2TB HDD
Toshiba 128GB SSD

Soldato
You'll struggle to find a full-cover waterblock for that graphics card.

EK's 1080 Founders Block lists compatibility with the Inno3D 6GB OC card, but who knows if the PCB layout is the same as yours. Barrow and Bykski don't do blocks for any Inno3D GTX 1060 from what I can see. So if you want to put your card under water then you're more likely looking at a GPU-only block like the EK Thermosphere and then adding heatsinks for the VRMs and memory.

You can still get blocks for AM3+ mounts so your CPU is covered.

As for radiators, that's entirely up to you. Radiator support for your case is pretty good, being able to fit up to a 360 rad in the front and in the roof, but I'm not sure you could fit both, you may need to get creative with your placement. Do you need 2x360mm radaitors? No, but why not :D you said you wanted futureproof! Rule of thumb is 120mm per component to cool + 120mm headroom, but you might as well make the most of it. 360mm in the roof and 240mm in the front maybe.

Then it's up to you if you want soft tube or hardline.

Ree

Ree

Associate
i would look at upgrading your cpu etc if wanting to be more future proof rather than an expensive loop.

Soldato
Honestly, you could buy top-end air coolers for those two for less than half the money of a custom loop. And it'd be just as quiet. Doyll will be along to make sure you know it soon, too. ;)

I would spend the cash on an upgrade personally, unless you just really want to try water (which is what I did). In which case, shop around for decent quality used WC parts as a starter!

Back
Top Bottom