I Was Hacked.

Man of Honour
Recieved an email from Overclockers forum while i was watching youtube on Tuesday evening saying that my email had just been changed , If this wasnt you log in and make changes to your account. Panic stations it wasnt me.

Tried my username and password , password invalid , tried my email to log in email not recognised. Damm i was stuck

Ive been Hacked :confused:

Contacred Overclockers left them a webnote but 24 hrs later i was impatient phoned them as i was worried that the hacker may use the members market to scam another forum member.

And the cheeky beep beep had actually did this selling a rtx 3070 (im still rocking a gtx 980ti) but Overclockers was on the ball and froze my account. The dam cheek of the scamner he even posted a topic called why was i banned and threw insult at admin.

So all sored now with the help of Overclockers and @Feek for guiding me threw the proces and helping me set up 2 step verification on my account.

Maybe @Feek could a guide with pics but heres what i did.

I downloaded Austy
Entered my phone number.
Got activation txt.
Added overclockers forum in Austy.
Enabled 2 step verification in my overclckers account .
Scan qr code or enter code manually.
Done.

@Feek has done a thread advising everyone to enable 2 step verification.

Link
https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/please-enable-2fa-on-your-ocuk-forum-account.18939496/

Tx for listening .

Man of Honour
OP
@mickyflinn get yourself a password manager, something like bitwarden.

Every site should have a different password longer than 12 chars. You never need to remember a password again and they are generated via the software automatically for you to copy and paste.
Tx will look into this.

You weren't hacked, stick your email address you use here into: Have I Been Pwned: Check if your email has been compromised in a data breach
Scared to try it is it legit ?
Ah yes the usual excuse. I'll never forget you calling me a scumbag for banning you and ruining your reputation :eek:

I have no reputation to uphold and would have used far stronger insults ;).

Tx for the help.

Man of Honour
OP
It's another name for 2fa but can be used to cover more.
2fa = 2 factor authentication.
You can have more than 2 factors though:
4fa could be password + fingerprint + GPS location + hardware key but it would be annoying for users so most things just use 2 factors. MFA could be used to mean any number of factors, 2fa means 2 factors. So, yes, MFA could be better than 2FA but usually people mean the same thing when they use these terms.
Tx

MFA = just 2 or more+ methods of login.
Tx

Back
Top Bottom