• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

I will soon have the most unbalanced system here

Associate
AMD made me do it by pricing their 7900XTX at $1000=£1050-£1100.
I have bought a 4090 (Zotac Trinity) to couple with my 2015 Intel 5960X and replace my now single 1080TI on a Sony Bravia 50" HDTV, beat that!
Obv I'm going to build a killer new rig but I had the money, 'needed' a new rig and If I'm not intending to buy again for 3-5 years I went big then went home.
Just pondering the rest and curious to see how the 4090 performs with such ancient tech. Any feedback about CPU/MOBO/RAM appreciated as going for 55" LG OLED 4K TV as monitor.
I would have bought a 7900XTX at £800-900 but the gulf between them means the cost per frame of the 4090 is actually pretty good. I once bought Titan Pascal SLI so I have previous.
I'd like to give AMD some cash but I'm tempted to go Intel again with a 13700X. I'm not brand loyal just want the bestish for silly money or nearly the best for sensible money. Over £1K =silly money so I got the best. On the plus side my 1080TI will soon go to a new home, hopefully to be with a mate in SLI! Gaming and internet only.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
If you can wait for next month, AMD's V-cache versions of Zen 4 will be out by then and should do very well in gaming.
Sounds good I will wait, will need a whole new platform and anything competitive has got to be good for us consumers.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom