i5-2500k - First Overclock, best software?

Associate
Got a new build arriving this week and it shall be my first attempt at overclocking. I have read through the guides and have a fairly good understanding of what I'm doing but I was wondering what the better software options are?

In many of the lists a lot of the software does the same thing, and some do more than others. Could you guys tell me the better options and any other software I may need?

Soldato
as said above

Prime 95
Core temp (I perfer Real temp, same thing really)
Cpu-z

And if your like me and know how to overclock but aren't formiliar with different motherboard brand's bios heres best lil guide for getting formiliar with bios's and overclocking

For example iv always had asus boards all my life, first msi and the bios is way different but gotta say this is a fantastic board i have :)

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/cpus/2011/01/07/how-to-overclock-the-intel-core-i5-2500k/1

Keep us up dated how it goes :)

Associate
OP
Cheers guys, ordered the Asus P8P67 PRO B3 revision and already have the latest BIOS sitting on a USB ready and raring to go, not sure if the revision has the newer BIOS though. I'm just waiting now also I'm only going to try and hit 4.4ghz so It should be a walk in the park. Already have that link bookmarked, but thanks Ginger.

Back
Top Bottom