i5 4690k / GA Z97P-D3

Associate
My friend is attempting to overclock his current computer but after trying a simple OC of 4.5Ghz core clock with a 1.3v core voltage and a llc - high it did pass intel burn test, after restarting the computer with a lower voltage it failed to boot with just a black screen and the same when the voltage was changed back to 1.3v. After a few minutes tinkering he had to remove the CMOS battery to get the pc to post once again.

He does use 32gig of memory but i believe it is in the slots direcetly next to each other and not set for dual channel. Just curious if anyone has any ideas or maybe a few more options need changing other than vcore/core clock/llc

Soldato
What was the RAM clocked at?

4.5GHz isn't a simple overclock on that chip IMO. I set mine at 4.2GHz all cores and have had generally stable performance, I'd call that simple. It has crashed a few times in a year.

Yes do set the RAM up for dual channel. Try and work the CPU clock up gradually, say 4.0 then 4.2 then 4.4 then 4.5. once you find a max clock speed this way, try reducing the voltage a bit.

Get CPU clocks stable before adjusting RAM speeds. There should be plenty of Haswell guides on here :)

Back
Top Bottom